TVNZ One News 25 July 2012
Family First is offering a $25,000 reward for any new information that leads to a conviction in the case of the Kahui twins’ deaths. Coroner Garry Evans says he is satisfied that the traumatic brain injuries suffered by three-month-old boys Chris and Cru Kahui were incurred during the afternoon-evening of June 12, 2006, while they were in the “sole custody, care and control of their father” Chris Kahui at the Mangere house where they lived. Chris Kahui was acquitted of the twins’ murders in 2008. The National Director of Family First Bob McCoskrie said it is hoped the reward will be enough incentive for somebody to break their silence. McCoskrie said somebody must know what happened. “This should not be allowed to be swept under the carpet,” he said. “New Zealanders want answers to this case – who killed the twins, why did the prosecution fail, and what were the contributing factors to these murders that need to be tackled to avoid similar cases in the future?” He said a reward will be a small price to pay for justice to be served for Chris and Cru. Kahui’s defence claimed that the twins’ mother Macsyna King was responsible for the deaths, but she denied this at his trial and at the coroner’s inquest last year. Evans said in his report released today that the allegation that King was responsible for the infliction of the twins’ fatal injuries “lies unsupported by the evidence and is without substance in fact”.
MORE DETAILS http://familyfirst.org.nz/issues/kahui-case-reward/
(Offer originally made in 2010)