Hon Jo Goodhew
Minister of Community and Voluntary Sector (Charities Commission Crown Entity)
Cc Brendon Ward – General Manager Charities Commission
RE: OFFICIAL INFORMATION ACT REQUEST
Could you please release details of:
- Names of organisations and individuals who have made complaints to the Charities Commission regarding the status of Family First NZ (CC10094). Please also provide the dates of the complaints, and the nature of each complaint.
- Which of the following organisations have been investigated since their registration for possible deregistration from the Charities Register
Action For Children And Youth Aotearoa CC11198
Amnesty International New Zealand Inc CC35331
Caritas Aotearoa – New Zealand CC36055
Child Poverty Action Group CC25387
Te Kahui Mana Ririki CC28437
New Zealand National Committee For Unicef Trust Board CC35979
Human Rights Foundation Of Aotearoa New Zealand CC22917
Waves Trust CC24175
Humanist Society of NZ CC36074
Agender Christchurch Inc CC20922
Save the Children CC25367
QSA Network Aotearoa CC48531
Waikato Queer Youth CC29356
Rainbow Youth Incorporated CC24284
- Which of the above organisations have had complaints made about their status, on what date (if applicable) and what was the nature of the complaint (if applicable).
- Why was the investigation of Family First NZ which was undertaken in December/January 2013 and promised to be notified to Family First NZ by the end of January / beginning of February not notified until the end of April.
- Why was the decision by the Board dated 15 April 2013 not notified to Family First NZ until the 29 April 2013.
- Did the Charities Commission deliberately wait until after the 3rd Reading of the Marriage (Definition of Marriage) Amendment Bill before notifying Family First NZ of their intention to deregister them?
I request all of this information under the Official Information Act – due back by Friday 24 May, 2013 (20 working days)