We made our oral submission today on the ‘conversion therapy’ bill. You can watch the short presentation.
Family First’s oral submission covers key issues, including:
• criminalising of parents, counsellors, carers & teachers
• criminalising family discussions, prayer and faith-based teachings in places of worship & schools
• criminalising consent & personal autonomy
• what the Government’s own legal advisers have told them, including the admission ‘we have no data on current practices or how widespread they are’
• a form of ‘conversion therapy’ is happening in schools – it’s called gender ideology. Will this be banned? Parents don’t agree with it being there
• there are many people who have experienced gender dysphoria and unwanted sexual feelings who have found lasting change and healing through counselling. Do they count?
Oral submission http://freetolive.nz/…/09/FAMILY-FIRST-ORAL-SUBMISSION.pdf
Written submission http://freetolive.nz/…/family-firsts-submission…/
More info: http://freetolive.nz/